There was so much wisdom in this show. Dr. Eric Maisel sees the big picture yet also offers very practical tips on how to make life work for you. How to create the meaning you wish to experience in life. A true gem of a being and one we hope to have back on countless occasions.
Eric Maisel, PhD, is the author of more than fifty books including his latest, Overcoming Your Difficult Family. He has been quoted or featured in a variety of publications, including Martha Stewart Living, Redbook, Glamour, Men’s Health, the San Francisco Chronicle, and Self. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Dr. Eric Maisel and his new book Overcoming Your Difficult Family: 8 Skills for Thriving in Any Family Situation (June 13, 2017). In this empowering book, Dr. Maisel shows how to stay sane when family isn’t, providing practical strategies that can be implemented immediately.
Overcoming Your Difficult Family is a “field guide” to common types of dysfunctional families, and a big helping of real life success stories that are dinner table tested and approved. Your listeners will learn to maintain inner peace in the midst of family chaos and maybe even create a better life for their whole family.
- How to keep calm and learn to manage family-induced anxiety.
- How to manifest inner strength to not only survive, but thrive in difficult family dynamics.
- How to not let distractions get in the way of tough talks that need to happen with family.
- How to navigate and thrive in a family with addiction and abandonment issues.
- Why family dynamics are so difficult for so many people
- What to do if OTHER family members are the problem and need to change?
- Tips for couples in a difficult relationship.
- Tips for parents who are struggling with their unpredictable relationship to their kids.